6/3/20

Reviews

Volume 3
SOLID STEELE


**** (4 out of 5 stars)
Big Cee
A hip-hop trilogy that show the origins of the Jay Steele’s evolution. This album had a few hot tracks that I kept on repeat. Originally “Fire” was my favorite. Bringing it Back (real smooth beat)It’s Jay Steeleand Nonviolence are the ones I am really feeling this week. Great music!

***** 
Jackie
I first became a fan of Jay’s later material he did as “Tha Truth.” My favorite songs on this album are Knowledge, Truth Seeker, and Nonviolence. They remind me of his lyrical conscious awareness that I’m used to. This volume is different but I like the versatility it shows. I’m into Tornado Warning and the Are U Ready track too. It’s interesting to look back and see the evolution of his rap style & material before I heard of him.


Volume 2
THA CALL OF THA WILD


**** (4 out of 5 stars)
Dominique
I'm feeling Tha Mad Dog album...I always enjoy an underdog story and this album talks about pain, anger, revenge, triumph, and resilience. It also has a 90's hip hop flavor that is reminiscent of Mobb Deep, DMX, and WuTang. After reading the bio I felt the album even more, I recommend you read it too! I can't wait for the next release!


Volume 1
RELENTLESS: Tha Beginning (EP)

*** (3 out of 5 stars)
Cee
The relentless album is an EP that have some promising hooks, beats, and rhyme schemes. Where Da Mic is my favorite song followed by Echelon. I have been a fan of this artist since he went by “Tha Truth”. It is far from his political stuff but I applaud his courage to allow us to see the genesis of what this artist has become. The intro and outro along with the bio permits me to get into the head of Jay and understand his life a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment